Friday, September 16, 2011

Text TACKY to rsvp to this wedding.

OK, I get it.  A lot of people use online invitations and evites these days.  Personally, I don't... There's nothing wrong with evites or other invitations like them, it's just my personal preference.  However, there's a time and a place for them, but I would never in a million years do one for a wedding.

And never in a billion years would I stuff a paper wedding invitation into a regular business envelope and scrawl a name and address onto it...
 ... and I certainly wouldn't have people RSVP via a text message or email.

Come on! It's your wedding, people! The fact that this invitation has "six o'clock in the evening" spelled out tells me they were trying to be a little bit formal about it, but with the text message thing it sends a mixed message.

And then can we go back to the envelope for a minute?  The guests' last name was just scrawled on it.  Not Mr. & Mrs. Jones, but Jones.  Not The Jones Family, but Jones.  Is it a shotgun wedding? Is it an arranged marriage? Where's the joy and celebration...?   I don't know about you, but I've gotten mail addressed to Occupant that seemed a little more cheerful than that. oy.

Do it all on paper or do it all online... just do it consistently. And try to show just s smidge of enthusiasm, mKay?

8 comments:

Jen said...

WOW. I don't know that there's anything else to say to this. Sad-faced :(

Tanya Anurag said...

Ohhh God... do people actually do this? :O :O

Salty said...

I receive my only child's wedding invite via email. They live 15mins away. Apparently, an email is the higher form of communication. So sad.

xoxo, Amy =) said...

This MADE. MY. DAY!! Thank you!! ha ha ha

Unknown said...

This is I would never in a million years .
Ask the parents of groom to pay for her dress...
Very tacky move...
In my life, couples waited until the money was possible to buy own items...
Come on here..

Unknown said...

I'm hoping this is just an outdated article and that you folks have evolved a bit with trends and technology.

Requesting email or even text message RSVPs is incredibly convenient for both the guest and the host. Not to mention it saves at least $200, unless you would suggest it would be less "tacky" to ask your guest to pay to return their RSVP card. Plus, Do you have any idea how hard it is to get people to mail in RSVP cards even if they're pre-stamped? People just do not RSVP these days and yet you're choosing to shame some people who decided to go a cheaper and more effective route because....TRADITION!! These people are ahead of their time and I give them mad respect for it.

We sent *gasp* email invitations and *NO!* requested online/email/text RSVPs. I got a 70% response rate on my RSVPs and have zero regrets. *mic drop*

http://offbeatbride.com/tacky/

Unknown said...

Actually, we sent a mix of email AND paper invitations depending on what was most convenient for the guest. Because we're tacky enough to care about these things.

Pradhan mantri yojana said...

This content is really great. Thanks for sharing..
বিয়ের কার্ড
অনলাইনে পাসপোর্ট চেক
শিক্ষক দিবসের রচনা